Course Outline...click on icon to visit course page.
ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser Program
The ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser Program is the world leader in gemological and jewelry insurance appraisal education. This complete package includes eight (8) courses in gemology and jewelry appraisal as listed below. It includes the full Classroom-At-Home lecture series of study. This program is for those who wish to study gemology and personal property appraisal specializing in jewelry and gemstones. Successful completion of this program awards the student the ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser title. The RGA program includes all of the courses as shown:
Upon completion of the eight (8) courses in gemology and appraisal, the ISG will provide the students with a single Practicals Package containing pearls, diamonds and colored gemstones that will be sent to you for practice grading and identification. These will be returned to the ISG office for evaluation of your progress before you take the Final Exams and Practicals.
The special ISG Gem Equipment Package is included only with the full RG and RGA Program packages, and includes all of the equipment items required to complete the RG and RGA Programs. It is shipped to you immediately for your study as part of your full ISG RGA Package. See below for more details.
Certificates and Diplomas: A Certificate of Completion after each course, the Registered Gemologist and Registered Gemologist Appraiser diplomas are awarded after completing all courses, final exams, and practical exams. Final exam includes online written exam and a practical gem identification exam sent to you for completion and return to the ISG office.
Final Exams: A 90 minute timed online Theory Final Exam of 100 multiple choice and true/false questions with a required passing grade of 70% covering all course materials. Then, a 20 stone Practical Final Exam will be sent to you to test your gemological ability to identify gemstones. International students will be required to place a refundable US$800.00 deposit with the ISG office when requesting practicals. One deposit will cover all practicals
Complete RGA Program With Equipment Package: US$2,695.00 plus shipping fee based on your location. This tuition prices includes all of the following:
All eight (8) ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser Program courses. Includes all exam fees and everything else. Complete. No other fees.
Introduction to Watches: ISG105
Pearls Course: ISG106
Diamonds Course: ISG101
- Colored Gemstones Course: ISG102
- Gemology Tools and Techniques: ISG103
- Created and Treated Gemstones: ISG104
- Personal Property Appraisal: ISG107
- Evaluating Damaged Jewelry: ISG108
- ISG Gem Equipment Package including a foundation level of professional gemological tools that are all you will need to complete this course program and five (5) ISG StudyGem gemstones for your study and to keep. Package is optional.
- ISG Practical Gem Identification and Grading Package. A fee and security deposit is required of International RGA Students only. The practicals are required of all RGA students and are available as a single parcel practical set. For information please use this link: ISG RGA Practicals page.
- Full access to the www.GemstoneTreatmentReport.com reference website
- ISG Color Vision Testing
- Final Gemology Theory and Practical Exams will require you to take a timed, online written exam of true/false and multiple choice, and to successfully identify 20 gemstones sent to you as a Final Practical Exam. International students will be required to place a refundable US$800.00 deposit with the ISG office when requesting Final Practical Exams. One deposit will cover all practicals
- Listing in the ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser Directory at the Jewelry Adjuster website, our education and reference site for the insurance industry.
Included Equipment: Polariscope with conoscope, Refractometer, RI Liquid, Diffraction Grating Spectroscope, Calcite Dichroscope, Fully Corrected 10x Professional Jeweler's Loupe, MM Gauge and five (5) ISG StudyGem gemstones for you to use for study, practice and to keep. This is a special new package being offered as part of our program to help our students obtain the finest education in gemology including the foundation level professional equipment package required to complete the program.